Thursday, July 8, 2010

finally, complete the facilitator sheet

to all ALS members
i done the facilitator sheet...
looks like i didn't waste the Penang State Holiday on 7th July 2010
haha, try to work on script with others members
and also finally come out with the facilitator sheet meet the group expectation
whatever, i am having too many task/ role at the moment
tomorrow will onleave go back to hometown
Melinda told me i having too much role on "helper"
not necesarry as counsellor, but always help out people
she did let me aware, sometimes i need to "de-roll" myself as "helper" role

i guess, i need to learn that
 i didn't aware that i am doing this all the time
it reflect my present life
eg:

my younger brother would like to do a small business, seeking my help
i have not enough financial support, but i had given a little of my saving to let him start business
i think i should help him, as he is my only younger brother i have

then, another scene is
my coursemate/university mate who is close to me,
her grandmother passed away recently
and she think she is "abnormal" because unable to feel the sadness during grandmother funeral
she is seeking my attention, and we did talk a lot about her reaction
well, am i doing the helper role again? or just listener?

scene 3:
my cousin's pet pass away, die
she felt so upsad, couldn't let go and really depressed on the died of the dog
she felt herself should be blame on the carelesness
and she is pregnant now, early september will deliver baby
my mother asked me to talk to her, let her do not be so upsad (as i am studying counselling, knowing how to comfort people, elderly told it's not so good to be sad when pregnant.????)
so, am i doing the helper role again?

scene4:
my relatives commit sucicide, trying to swallow the retamol- i think is antidepresent drugs to make someone feel ease. she is having conflict with the husband. my family asked me to talk to her? and they keep calling to asked me back to have a look
(so, am i doing the helper role again?)

this present issues is regarless work, it;s life, the social part, which is living closely with me。
i can play a good role when i am in my working space
but, when things that have connection or significant relationship with me, more or less, it really influence my  emotion unconscioulsy
i am so tired.....physically, and my sore throat still on-and -off come back
haiz.....

back to the drama sheet
i am having time constrain, thus i try to complete this ASAP
well, i hope every of the ALS members will look through, and kindly give input
and, of course, please ignored my lousy grammar/ spelling error
i am not able to online this weekend
so, will meet you all Monday

haha.......
Thank you everybody for being such a wonderful ALS members
when there is small conflict, of course, there will be some group development
this group is strong enough in the capability
i would like to send my apologies if i am not able to meet ALS member's expectation.
i try what i can& what i can't

i am lucky to have this  Heroes In Transitions Journey .....

4 comments:

  1. Dear I Ling, your helper's role seems like attracting a lot of helpless people around you?! Despite all that have happened to you in your life with so many expectations you are trying to meet, you could still contribute so much in our ALS work, I really salute you for your commitment. However, I am concerned for you that by going all the way out to help others, you may be paying a high price in terms of losing your good health. Please take care of yourself, otherwise, you may not be able to help others as much as you want to. Take k

    ReplyDelete
  2. I echo here whatever Mary has commented, seem like you are not going to rest for the trip back, you are only changing the 'Scene' Set up, you are still in the role of the helper, but please again I stressed take care of yourself and do not let the unnecessary spoilt your mood, yeah,take little time to enjoy yourself, you deceive it... Bye from now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go and give yourself permission to waste time : doing nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sore throat says it all, until you find your own voice to tell the 'world' you are only human with all the limitations and frailties that goes with it, well unless you believe otherwise that you are superhuman, deal with your anxieties of harbouring the guilt of not being able to fulfill other people expectations of you, of letting those down that are dear to you, you will continue to repressed your voice that may need to be heard.....and before long like many therapists that have martyred themselves to the cause they pay the ultimate price, their well being......problem with martyrs that they are victims of their own doing when they are not aware the only way they 'believe' they will receive acceptance and acknowledgement, respect and a thousand and one other things is being what others consider as 'doing good' for them. As I have indicated before rest is not my prescription, WAKING UP is!

    ReplyDelete