Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The learning in Dramatic Role Playing

First Stage: Departure
I am seeing myself as a total rookie in this mini-module. i am not sure what to do at initial. I felt i have not much time to lean, and study this year... and yet i felt like, if i am keep delaying, when should i do this? my organization is WEIRD, i see myself as a worker in this big organization, i refuge to let organization to represent myself, i am just x10, a new person, who is working in helping profession feels like want to top-up some new skill that can benefit myself and my service to client.


when i receive email from JO, i told myself, just go lah. even no people support you, just go lah. without company support and understanding also never mind. for this, i left out my company community work. sometimes i did not attend the company function, like family days, caring community service to joint the out-reach program. i am just not able to do so....

when i saw those familiar faces, and a friends of mine join together
i just feel like being together. the feeling of togetherness is here...

after the workshop, Alex start to give out the task...


Second Stage: Initiation

this is not an easy task. i was not knowing what to choose the character? what to do in imagination with myself in-front of the computer, this is so new to me. once, my land lady seeing me talk to myself in front of computer and there is few voices coming out, my land lady asked :"whether i am over stress, do i need help"?
haha, it is a funny experience. really Jesting

there is 2 new members in this ALS. personally i do not know them much. i see them once or twice. not much contact too.... meeting with this new memebrs, trying to know them better, and talk to them, be nice to them, and understand how can we work better. I am easy type, i am not very demanding. as long as we can  communicate, i think problem should bot be a problem.

it's a test, when we encounter switching communication medium from SKYPE to CHANTANGO
when the time management is drop, and somebody not able to online.
and at the same time, we do share our imaginary work togather. we fly, we dive, we touch, we smell
when the Crest Maiden was food poisoning, the team seems so eager to help. WHAT a good food poisoning. people eat the Blue berry is ok, blue berry? or the black one?? i can't recall
but Crest maiden took the berry, get poison...

then,
come to the 3 act script. i had encounter with time limitation. too many cases in my organization, heavy workload, with the training... i somehow, unable to contribute much. i see the others' ALS members putting a lot of effort to do it.

When Phaik Nee and others told me, i was choosen to play as TANYA, i am not willing to. i asked myself, no others people can do this? but yet, when i see the group members so excited and using me and Melinda as projection of marshila and Tanya, i tell myself, go and have fun. i am trying to understand the other concept and role which they want TANYA to be in 3-act script

it do touch my heart. when the part TANYA was attempt by Harri Penari, and Marshila had started to destroy the Dragonville.   In the journey, seeeking Queen of Elves, trying to reparation, make off the mistake, rescuing the Dragonville....... i did not cry, but i felt a little commiserate.... not every story can go back to the same track, and able to move on, give a new meaning of life. Queens of Elves can be there, The God of Tata can be there, but if TANYA herself refuge and not willing to took the initiation to go along with the journey, there would be no outcome, no changes, no SORRY after neglected the responsibility, left the Dragonville chaos..

 
i start to think of my ROLE, in this helper role.... ....
if clients willing to change, is a bonus, but if clients i meet with, i already try my best, yet they DIE, or eventually they go back to the path they choose, specifir for those juvenile delinquency youth, WHY should i feel sorry!  i start to letting go... a bit by bit....

i am not sure whether this is good? or no good...
but i can see my tense is lower a little bit.

Third Stage: Return
 It's a ending. but it also a new starting point.
i am not sure how can i use this in my helping profession, but i am sure.... for those who likes to role-play within a small space, it will definitely help. role-play another character they not preferred, role play the others' person they care, role play with themselves, by creating a new character。。。




i learn that, preparation stage is important, especially briefing about the entrance, the rituals part.

this is the end.?
no...this is the start......
another new journey will began
 

2 comments:

  1. All journeys are cyclical, they will always bring you back to point where you start, ...... hopefully a bit wiser, a bit more matured :) ..... thats what they say about me, each day I become more like a child the older I get....couldn't get a better complement than that.....

    Give up helping......that's when you can truly help!

    When we stop seeing bad or good....we can then see things as they truly are....including ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alex
    feels like going through a lot of things in this workshop, and learning module, but after the completion, feelings like learning no thing....
    haha..i guess, i go back to the same point again!
    i hope i am able to just perceive things as they truly are, ya, including myself too

    a great journey to be with...
    with The Crest Maiden, can control and traveled in time; but in reality, as x10, time is something i loose, and too many work to do in one time. moving forward , and can only move ahead, but no return

    ReplyDelete