Wednesday, June 2, 2010

ritual of entrance

Terry: I go 1st to shop.
(As usual brings all the weapons in the play box to his designated house, used the punch bag as the door to the house entrance.  This time use a towel to cover the hole of the puppet theater as the window)
Terry: You cannot enter into my house. Now I am the police you are the bad guy.
Terry: Come out of you house and buy food.
M: Buy food for myself.
Terry: Every time you holds food, I will shoot from my house, and the food fall down. Bang-bang
I shot your head.
M: I am hurt in my head, do I have to go to see a doctor.
Terry: Go to see a doctor, never mind you are okay now. Now let’s play slow fighting, with sword. Chang-Chang….
Terry: I put magic to my sword. 
M: Cheang-cheang (turned one round)  you are so powerful.
Terry: Chang-chang
M: Oh your sword are so good that you have make a hole in the sand (pointed at the sand box)
(Terry turned one round)
Terry: Now come my hurricane power, if you get caught you will fly away.
M: I got your hurricane, now I am forced to blew far away.
Terry: I am using my ice power and you will be frozen if you get it.
M: Osh-osh…. Oh no, I got it now I am freeze and frozen.  I cannot moved.
Terry: Now I will come out with Fire power and you will be melting.
M: I am all wet.
Terry: Fire.
M: I am burned.
Terry: You are all wet-wet. Fire, you still stand there, you still don’t moved.
M: My ice is melting and all into water (pointing at the pool)
M: Your power is so great.
M: Your fire got my eyes, I am blind?
Terry: No, your eyes still can see, we people have 3 eyes.
M: Your power so great.
Terry: I am the Power ranger.
M: I am the monster.
Terry: I using the fire power.
M: Then I use the water power.
Terry: My fire power is the most powerful; you think that your water is great? No.
Terry: I am directing my fire to the wall behind you.
M: Oh no, it burned a hole there.
Terry: Fire.
M: It hit my leg.
Terry: Hai yeah, you have water power mah, cannot get burned lah.
M: I forgot.
Terry: Cheang-cheang, got your sword.
M: Oh no, you got my sword.
(At this moment, Terry was holding the sword, normally whenever he got hold of my weapon he will confiscate it and put it at his ‘house’ but this time, he hesitated and returned it to me.)
M: You got my sword, but you are returning it to me.  Thanks.
 *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *    *    *    *    *    *   *

Ritual of entrance
who are you in this character? how is it likes?
what about me in the position? (front, side, entrance....)
describe more about the character, how the character is likes
defferentiate real self and the character, the basic rule when playing as "protagonist"

reading the client's symbol representative and also metaphors
calculating on the issues of : personal uncnscious, social and  collective unconscious

i was attracted to cheng's question
echo cheng's question, how could the therapist be more flexible "be self, and not herself" while doing role-play? should be more freely? i am asked, the therapist should allowing the character to play? and enjoy the play??

i asked another assuming questions on what if a child play as protagonist and say :“ I am Nemo, i am searching my mother, and i am lost... ..."
Alex do give me a feedback that there will be a lot of theme when children act it out?
the themes will be able to draw out what issues the child really play off

When Melinda  said: Hi Nemo I am Dory what can we do today?  or Where can we go together today?
 i take the role as Nemo and reply : Hi Dory, i am lost, i afraid i can't find  a way home... but i am not scare now, as i meet u here. I hear there is a secret garden deep in the center of the sea...have u hear bout this?

Melinda answer, Dory: " No, Nemo I have short term memory lost, but I can read, do you have the address?"

Alex guide us to see the phrase of the word 'LOST" in symbolically and also metaphors, lost can be no direction, confused, no where to turn to...

the phrase 'secret garden deep in the centre of the sea" - it is so imaginative when exploration and free association work on it, it's about individuation process, the nurturing and also level of unconscious of the self.

WOW... it's really eye opener. i should allow myslef to connect with the themes more freely and do more reflection on that part

it's really help me for the reflection and also working metaphors with my client in nondirective  play or small world play.......

3 comments:

  1. What is your reflection then on the ' Rite of Entrance' for yourself? I am excited to read your reflection after reading this summary of our supervision. Perhaps through your sharing of your reflection, I can get to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, such in depth reflection, put pressure on me to write out the thoughts; had plenty of thoughts flashed through but putting them on record is more difficult. Trying to remember them now is even more difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am encouraged by your efforts to be more reflective as you move more a familiar concrete and literal position and into a more intuitive, metaphoric, figurative and symbolic dimension in your exploration of your encounters. The capacity to 'amplify' thus the Jungian method of amplification and engaging in 'active imagination' are the techniques to really get into the depths of our psyche. It is this that makes creative arts therapy what it is or else it will remain a 'gimmicky' superficial entertaining novelty medium without having touched the core of our beings. Our lives are enriched and transformed when we are able to have glimpses of our psyche treasures within.

    ReplyDelete